WE ARE THE FINNISH CABIN CREW ASSOCIATION (SLSY)
We are welcoming a lot of English speaking members currently. We are there for you and updating our English material and services for all members.
MORE ABOUT OUR UNION
Our union is part of the greater Finnish Transport Workers Union (AKT) and the Finnish Cabin Crew Association (SLSY) is a branch (nr. 208) of it. Our umbrella of worker representation covers the collective agreement for Cabin Crew Members in Finland. Our working agreements is also negotiated by AKT directly for three operators Finnair, Norra and Cityjet.
We are highly organized group with approximitely 2100 members with long traditions in improving the working conditions for cabin crew in Finland. SLSY was founded already back in 1962.
Read more about our Union in English here: https://www.akt.fi/in-english/
Working in Finland has unique legistlative environment, where unions are representing workers at workplaces and collective agreeing is a fundamental right for all of us. To learn more about specific features of Finnish worklife and worker rights, please visit: https://www.sak.fi/en The Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions for our shop stewards/trustees (union representation at the workplace) concerning the collective and company related agreement or working environment, we have seven shop stewards/trustees at Finnair to answer your questions.
Telephone +358 40 5588450
Email: luottamus ( at ) slsy.info
You can come and meet us at our office, located in Finnair Flight Academy. Trustee services are for our members only.
If you have any questions concerning our membership, you can email jasenrekisteri ( at ) akt.fi
JOIN OUR IMPROVING AND HIGHLY INFLUENCIAL UNION AND IT´S CABIN CREW BRANCH
Our benefits include:
- 10 Shop Stewards eg. Union representatives in airlines operating from Helsinki airport.
- Improving collective agreement and a large union (AKT) to support you with nearly 50.000 members and 2100 members in our Cabin Crew Association.
- Unemployment security benefit is wider than the public unemployment allowance. The benefits paid out by the unemployment fund are proportioned to the individual’s earnings and they are deemed to be taxable income. Our register is ERKO and you can read more about the benefit and the unemployment security system here.
- Non-occupational travel insurance and accident insurance in If Mutual Insurance Company.
- We provide legal assistance for our members through the AKT legal department where one of the lawyers is specialiced in cabin crew matters.
- Other benefits and discounts for our members are listed in here.
Joining is easy, you can simply fill in the English online form!
- The union branch is the last one in the drop down box: 208 SLSY
- Please tick the “The employer collects the membership fee”
- Our membership fee is 1,25 % from your salary. Trade union membership fees are tax-deductible. The net fee is considerably lower after tax deduction. AKT notifies the tax authorities on your behalf about membership fees that you have paid or that your employer has deducted every year. You will find more information about income taxes in here and also a calculator to estimate your tax percentage which is progressive (depending on the amount earned) here.
- Here is an example how to define the amount of your membership fee it is 1.25% of your gross income (excluding allowances). If you earn 2000 euros, your membership fee is 25 euros monthly. That fee is then deducted automatically and lowers your taxes. Taxes in Finland are reviewed in one year hurdles.
The union Official in Cabin Crew matters is Mrs. Johanna Tuomaala
+358 44 412 3001
johanna.tuomaala ( at ) akt.fi
The Chairman of Finnish Cabin Crew Association (branch 208 of AKT) is Marianne Arteva.
marianne.arteva (at) slsy.fi
+358 50 548 8515